Inspiration

You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments that stand out, the moments when you have really lived, are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of Love ... Henry Drummond

The Best Preperation for tomorrow is to give life my best Today!

We Write our own destiny...We become what we do.
...Madame Chiang Kai-Shek
Develop a positive attitude-Live your life with motivation!







Thursday, March 11, 2010

Body Image

 

 

 



Attitude is Everything... BE HAPPY
Posted by Picasa

Attitude is Everything... BE HAPPY

These were the words I always remember, " If you didn't have that scar on your face you would be to beautiful for you own good. You would get into way to much trouble".

So I am just going to say a few things about how I feel about the subject of body image. I was watching Jocie at dance last night thinking how beautiful and what a lady she is becoming. She shows so much confidence. Her legs are longer than mine and she is twelve.

So I started looking at myself from the age of three as different. A BIG scar on my face and drooping eye and mouth. I look back at pictures and can't even believe the progress my face has made. I should not look the way that I do. But WHY CAN"T I TOTALLY SEE IT!!! And then I get the chicken pox. Darn those chicken pox. Believe it or not... I think this is funny. I had the biggest crush on a boy named Brian Waters. Second grade. He was so cute and then I gave him the chicken pox. well that ended really fast. He wasn't to happy with me.

Then I am always bruised or cut. I start to grow into myself as a lady and people look at me now not the scares. Then I have a terrible surgery to reconstruct my right shoulder. Big battle wound. So we will add that to the equation.

Now it is time for high school and the pressure is on. Big time. I am a fun, cute popular California "bob your head around cheerleader." Oh no....I have to stay super cute all the time to look cute in this tiny little uniform. ( I still have it in my closet and I put it on every so often to make sure it still fits lol)

There is a lot I leave out, I guess all I am saying is this. I never want my daughter to feel insecure about her body or self image. She is just to special. She has so much going for her. She is helping me!

So back to the point I was trying to get to. Jocie has been listening everyday to the self esteem series on the CVR. She is really saying grown up things about how we should feel about ourselves. They ( who is this "they" everyone always refers to. LOL!!!) say that you learn so much about life from your children. It is the absolute truth. She is amazing.