Inspiration

You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments that stand out, the moments when you have really lived, are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of Love ... Henry Drummond

The Best Preperation for tomorrow is to give life my best Today!

We Write our own destiny...We become what we do.
...Madame Chiang Kai-Shek
Develop a positive attitude-Live your life with motivation!







Saturday, February 5, 2011

ONE YEAR!!!!!

So I have had a roller coaster of a year. But I feel so great. I feel like I have really something to be proud of. When you live in a chronic state of pain sometimes just taking the medication is all you know.It is easy to take the pill and dull the pain. But it also dulls your mind and can feel like it can take over your life. Going through detox and withdrawal was very hard, but I am so much more aware now of my mind and my body. My mind has become my power tool. I have found it so important to have a plan and stick to it. Have a positive support circle and fill your mind with as much knowledge as you can. Since I am a major CVR user and go through the rehearsal process everyday I am so proud of myself that I have accomplished this.

I recently had an EDS attack and had to go to the ER. The Doctors want to give you pain meds right away. I had rehearsed so many times what I would do and the plan I would follow. I REFUSED the opiate medication and we were able to use non opiate medication to get me through the few days of the attack. I even went and got the ER report. I was so pleased that it clearly stated that " the patient refused to use opiate medications" . Well I can say that I am 100% opiate free for one year. I set my mind to the task and I achieved the goal.
I am still in chronic pain and having EDS and all the hurdles that come along with that, i always will be, but I truly feel empowered.

I am more comfortable now wearing the braces and it's OK if people ask questions. In fact it is empowering knowing that I have a story to tell and it just might help someone.





Attitude is Everything... BE HAPPY